When you are installing Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 with SQL Server 2008 or later, you will find this error while installing.
Service msftesql was not found on computer “xxx”. The specified service does not exist.
This happens because SQL Server 2008 has a different service name than its earlier versions.
Steps to resolve the issue:
- Start the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServices
- Rename MSSQLFDLauncher folder to msftesql
- Reboot the system
- Start -> Run -> Services.msc -> SQL Full-text Filter Daemon Launcher (MSSQLSERVER) and restart the service
- Run the setup again by going back and clicking on Next button to run the system check again.
- This settings should pass the system test.