This article explains steps to deploy and publish Website (asp.net) to Windows Azure cloud. We will need Visual Studio 2010 and make sure you have following tools installed for Windows Azure.
- Windows Azure Authoring Tools (x64/x86)
- Windows Azure Emulator (x64/x86)
- Windows Azure Libs for Net (x64/x86)
- Windows Azure Tools
You can find them from this link- http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=35448
Once you are ready with above mentioned tools installed, go to your Visual Studio 2010 project, build it and make sure you don’t have any errors and warnings.
1. Add Windows Azure Cloud Service Project to your solution. Visual Studio will add Solution and required Role to deploy the site.
Windows Azure Cloud Service Project
2. Publish the project, Visual Studio will ask to import a .PublishSettings file from Windows Azure. Which is an xml file having configuration parameters in it. If you do not have it already downloaded from your Windows Azure, Click on Sign in to Download Credentials. Once signed in successfully, browser will ask to save a . PublishSettings file.
Windows Azure Publish Sign In
3. Windows Azure publishing Settings will let you select available Cloud Service and other settings. If you do not have already created Cloud Service, you can select to create one right from here.
Windows Azure Publishing Settings
4. Next screen will summarize all your settings and Click on Publish will deploy your site to Windows Azure Cloud Service.
Windows Azure Publish Summary
If everything goes well, your site will be deployed to Windows Azure Cloud Service. It would take around 10-15 minutes to deploy it to Windows Azure…!